Last updated February 1, 2021
We are concerned about your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information. We know you share our concerns, and in the interests of letting you know how we protect the privacy and security of the personal information you provide to us, we provide the information below.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT OR RECEIVE
In the course of providing our products and services, and as required for us to provide our products and services to you, we receive, collect store and use your personal information, as described below. This information may include your name, address, telephone number, email address and the IP address of the device you used to contact us. The ways in which we obtain your information may include:
- Your orders for products, subscriptions or services.
- Your inquiries sent to our offices or our website.
- Your registration for an event, including webinars, conferences and meetings.
- Data obtained through use of “cookies” and other related analytics and technologies described in our Cookies and Other Related Technologies policy, if you consent as set out below in further detail.
- Apps or other software created or developed for use in connection with our products and services.
If you sign up for an event for which registration is open to the public, your name, company name and other identifying information may be viewed by others (though in certain jurisdictions we would only make it available in this way with your consent).
The legal bases for our uses, sharing and disclosures (“processing”) of your personal information include, as pertinent, where:
- Necessary to perform the contractual obligations in agreements with you to provide products or services;
- You have consented to the processing as set out in this Policy, which consent you can revoke at any time;
- Necessary to comply with a legal obligation, a court order or to exercise or defend a legal claim;
- Necessary for the purposes of our or a third-party’s legitimate business interests (so long as those interests do not override personal rights as indicated by law);
- You have expressly made your personal information public; and
- Necessary to protect your vital interests or other of others.
FINANCIAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT OR RECEIVE
If you choose to purchase services, products or subscriptions we may collect credit card information, bank account information and information necessary to verify your identity, such as date of birth. In certain countries, national identifier numbers (similar to Social Security Numbers in the US) may also be collected or received if needed to verify your identity. We use commercially reasonable standards to protect this information. Depending upon your wishes, we may retain this information or arrange for it to be securely stored in order to facilitate your future purchases.
USES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION BY Treasure Chest Themed Value Mail, Inc. FOR Treasure Chest Themed Value Mail, Inc. BUSINESS PURPOSES
If you elect to provide us personal information, we may use it as needed to deliver products and/or services to you. Treasure Chest Themed Value Mail, Inc. may use personal information in a variety of ways to meet our obligations to you to provide you with a variety of services and products. These uses are based in our legitimate business interests in providing products and services to you and/or fulfillment of our contractual obligation to deliver products and services you have requested. We have balanced these business needs carefully with your privacy rights and these uses do not improperly infringe on your privacy and confidentiality rights. These business uses for your personal information include the following:
- Treasure Chest Themed Value Mail, Inc. may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies in order to better deliver products and services that may be of interest and benefit to you.
- We may use your personal information for security, including analysis of the personal information to pursue our legitimate business interest in protecting our customers and website visitors against malware, cyber-attack and other crime and security risks.
- Treasure Chest Themed Value Mail, Inc. may use personal information to contact users regarding renewal of subscriptions to Treasure Chest Themed Value Mail, Inc. services and products and to send product announcements or special edition e-letters to online registrants.
- Treasure Chest Themed Value Mail, Inc. may use personal information to send notification of Northstar’s or our partners’ products and services by such methods as email and/or postal mail.
- If you provide financial information, we use that information primarily to verify your credit card information and collect payments for your purchases, orders, subscriptions, etc.
- If you participate in a Treasure Chest Themed Value Mail, Inc. educational program, webinar, virtual tradeshow, or other time-sensitive programs, we use personal information to contact you to remind you of upcoming deadlines or additional information concerning these programs.
- Treasure Chest Themed Value Mail, Inc. occasionally conducts subscriber and/or user surveys to better target our content to our audiences. The aggregated information collected is anonymized (identifying information removed) and sometimes shared with our advertisers, however, we do not share specific individual information with third parties.
- Treasure Chest Themed Value Mail, Inc. operates several websites featuring its travel-related content and services. Treasure Chest Themed Value Mail, Inc. may share personal information collected from users of its websites internally across these websites to better serve its users by permitting us to reference services across our spectrum of offerings and point you toward the best products and services for your needs.
- We may share personal information where we have a good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a judicial proceeding, a court order, or legal process served on Treasure Chest Themed Value Mail, Inc. , or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- If Treasure Chest Themed Value Mail, Inc. is acquired by or merged with another company, we will transfer information about you to this other company in connection with the acquisition or merger.
- Treasure Chest Themed Value Mail, Inc. has numerous products and services and therefore numerous email and promotion lists. In an effort to allow users to tailor their participation in Treasure Chest Themed Value Mail, Inc. services and promotions, Treasure Chest Themed Value Mail, Inc. provides users the ability to choose specific lists or products of interest and opt-out options are product and use/list specific. All email promotions sent from Northstar provide an opt-out link at the bottom of the email pursuant to which users can opt-out of specific products and promotions.
PRIVACY OF MINORS AND CHILDREN
Treasure Chest Themed Value Mail, Inc. complies with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, which requires the consent of a parent or guardian for the collection of personally identifiable information from children under 13 years of age. Treasure Chest Themed Value Mail, Inc. does not knowingly collect, use or disclose personal information from children under 13, or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction, without verifiable parental consent. However, it is possible that we may inadvertently receive information pertaining to children under 13. If you believe that we have received information about your child that is under the age of 13, please do not hesitate to notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org. When we receive your notification, we will obtain your consent to retain the information or will delete it permanently
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
In general, Treasure Chest Themed Value Mail, Inc. does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services you have requested, when we have your consent as indicated in Section I of this Policy, as follows:
- Treasure Chest Themed Value Mail, Inc. may use personal information collected through its website to send out targeted email promotions on behalf of its advertisers and industry partners.
- We may provide personal information about our users to trusted partners and vendors who work on behalf of or with Treasure Chest Themed Value Mail, Inc. under written confidentiality and similar agreements prohibiting such parties’ further use of the information. These companies may use your personal information to help Treasure Chest Themed Value Mail, Inc. ommunicate with you about offers from Treasure Chest Themed Value Mail, Inc. and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to use or share this information.
- When you register for an educational program, contest, event, virtual tradeshow or other promotion that is sponsored by a third party, your personal information will be provided to that third-party sponsor unless you are a resident of one of the countries within the European Union (EU). If you are an EU resident, we will seek your affirmative consent to provide the third-party sponsor with your personal information in a manner clearly specified on the registration materials, unless otherwise posed in connection with the promotion.
- Treasure Chest Themed Value Mail, Inc. may from time to time share limited personal information such as email addresses, company name, job title and state of business or residence with trusted third parties who deliver content that is likely to be of interest to you.
- remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during you visit or the next time you visit our website.
- monitor your participation in various sections of our website.
- customize services to you.
- monitor website usage metrics such as total visitors and pages viewed
- administer, operate and improve our website and our other products and services, including those tailored to you.
CHOICE AND CONTROL
You can request from Treasure Chest Themed Value Mail, Inc. at any time, information about which personal information Treasure Chest Themed Value Mail, Inc. processes about you and the correction or deletion of such personal information. If Treasure Chest Themed Value Mail, Inc. uses your personal information to perform a contract with you, you may further request a copy of the personal data that you have provided to Treasure Chest Themed Value Mail, Inc. To make such a request, please contact the email set forth below and specify in detail the information or the activity to which your request relates, the format in which you would like the personal data returned and the recipient, you or your designee. Furthermore, you may contact Treasure Chest Themed Value Mail, Inc. if you believe that the personal information that Treasure Chest Themed Value Mail, Inc. has is incorrect.
Depending upon your location, you may benefit from a number of rights with regard to your personal information that we process. These rights are defined and, in some cases limited, by the laws of your jurisdiction. These rights include (a) data portability, including the right to obtain a copy of the personal information you have provided to Northstar; (b) data correction (also known as rectification, including the ability to request correction or amendment of your personal information and (c) data deletion, including the right to have Treasure Chest Themed Value Mail, Inc. delete your personal information except for information that we are required to retain.
You also have the right to have Treasure Chest Themed Value Mail, Inc. cease processing your personal information is dependent upon the following events: (i) you state that the personal information Treasure Chest Themed Value Mail, Inc. has about you is incorrect; but Northstar may retain the information for as long as it requires to check the accuracy of the relevant personal information; (ii) there is no legal basis for Treasure Chest Themed Value Mail, Inc. processing of your personal information and you demand that Treasure Chest Themed Value Mail, Inc. restrict your personal information from further processing, (iii) Treasure Chest Themed Value Mail, Inc. no longer requires your personal information but you claim that you require such data in order to claim or exercise legal rights or to defend against third party claims; or (iv) in case you object to the processing of your personal information by Treasure Chest Themed Value Mail, Inc. it may retain and process the information for as long as it is required to review as to whether Treasure Chest Themed Value Mail, Inc. as a prevailing interest or legal obligation in continuing to process your personal information.
You may inquire about the exercise of these rights and, if the laws of your jurisdiction permit, exercise them as permitted by law by contacting email@example.com
The security of your personal information is very important to us. We utilize commercially reasonable information security standards to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Treasure Chest Themed Value Mail, Inc. supports online security using appropriately secure technology because we want your data to be safe. We bind our employees and data processors to written agreements to observe your privacy and confidentiality rights. Unfortunately, no method of internet transmission is one hundred percent secure. While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its security.
DURATION AND RETENTION
Treasure Chest Themed Value Mail, Inc. will retain your personal information only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy, or as required or permitted by law, and then will delete it as required by law. For example, Northstar will retain your information as long as required to comply with applicable tax/revenue laws, cybersecurity and privacy laws, laws and regulations that affect the conduct of our business; to resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, cooperate with law enforcement requests or to meet other legal obligations. We may also retain log files for internal analysis purposes, though we would retain them for only a brief period except in cases where we are legally required to retain them for longer periods, and in cases where they are used for site safety and security or to improve website functionality.
Treasure Chest Themed Value Mail, Inc. operates on a global basis. By using our products and services you understand and agree that your personal information may be transferred from the European Economic Area (EEA, which comprises the European Union countries plus Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein) to a country that does not have an equivalent level of data protection, such as the United States. When your personal information is transferred from your home country to another country, the laws and regulations that protect your personal information may be different than those in your home country. In particular, if your information is in the US, it may be accessed by government authorities in accordance with US law.
To the extent that Treasure Chest Themed Value Mail, Inc. is deemed to transfer your personal information outside the EEA, Treasure Chest Themed Value Mail, Inc. relies upon data transfer agreements with Model Contract Clauses, which the European Commission has adopted to provide safeguards for personal information that is transferred outside the EEA. You may obtain a copy of the Model Clauses by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
The only personal information Treasure Chest Themed Value Mail, Inc. collects, processes and maintains is business information in which you have communicated with us concerning a business transaction, asked us to perform a service or provide you with a product, or which is otherwise excluded from the definition of “personal information” and most of the requirements with regard to that information within the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). The business basis for, and the manner in which, such business information is collected and processed is set forth within this Privacy Notice.
Treasure Chest Themed Value Mail, Inc. does not “sell” personal information as the terms “sell” or “sale” are defined within CCPA. Treasure Chest Themed Value Mail, Inc. only shares the information it collects with business partners who are its “service providers” and sharing information in this way is not a “sale” as that term is defined in the CCPA. Service providers are business partners who perform business functions for Treasure Chest Themed Value Mail, Inc. as the term ”Service Provider” is defined within CCPA. They agree to use information only for these business purposes and not to redisclose it except as permitted or required by law as set out in our contracts with them. The nature of the services provided by these business partners and a description of the categories of these service providers is set forth within this Privacy Notice.
If you have questions regarding collection and sharing of your business information or believe that information that identifies you and has been collected and shared by Treasure Chest Themed Value Mail, Inc. is not business information within the meaning of CCPA or is not provided to a service provider as stated above, and you wish to advise us of these beliefs and ask that we not share that information please contact email@example.com